Top critical review
Whistle vs Link
April 29, 2017
I'm a former Whistle user that was looking for a more accurate tracker. As a Husky owner, I need to be able to track him in real-time should he get loose. Whistle had a hard time being that GPS unit that could give me that piece of mind.
Pros vs Whistle
1. MUCH better tracker as it finds my Husky ASAP with great accuracy.
2. Comes with very nice, durable collar.
3. Very easy to detach and reattach link unit to collar.
Cons vs Whistle
1. Horrible activity tracking. My Husky gets about 100-150 minutes of activity a day. The activity goal on my Link is 90 mins and it has yet to hit the goal with about 5 days of trials.
2. Horrible activity synching. The Whistle would sync his activity as soon as we got back in the Whistle zone. Most of the time the Link doesn't even register we came back from a walk/run.
3. The Whistle zone is a much better setup than what Link tried to do with "with you", "near home", and "away".
4. The app is substandard compared to Whistles app.
All in all, if you need a great GPS unit...get the Link. If you're looking for more of an activity monitor and can deal with spotty GPS tracking than go with the Whistle.
I'll stick with Link only because the tracker is awesome.