|Screen Size||15.6 Inches|
|Max Screen Resolution||1920 x 1080|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||1|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||3|
|Average Battery Life (in hours)||5 Hours|
Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop, 15.6" Full HD IPS Display, 10th Gen Intel Core i5-10210U, 8GB DDR4, 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD, Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 802.11ax, Fingerprint Reader, Backlit KB, A515-54-59W2, Silver
|Operating System||Windows 10 Home|
|Wireless Communication Technology||Wi-Fi|
More items to explore
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Launch Your Creativity
Powerful and portable, the Aspire 5 laptop delivers on every aspect of everyday computing. Housing a 10th Gen Intel Core Processor, this Aspire 5 can tackle any job no matter how complex. Creativity soars to new heights with sharp, crisp visuals showcased on the 15.6" Full HD IPS screen, while the thin bezel provides you more space to work with wherever inspiration strikes. It’s the perfect companion to take with you wherever you go!
The narrow-bezel design offers more real estate for amazing images. Crisp, true-to-life colors come alive on a 15.6” Full HD IPS display with Acer Color Intelligence. Keep your eyes free from strain and watch or work for long sessions using Acer BlueLightShield.
The triple threat of performance, connectivity and entertainment – 10th Gen InteI Core i5 processor opens more possibilities than ever before. Groundbreaking intelligent performance features adapt to you and the things you do, for a more personalized and responsive experience.
Premium Looks and Mobility
Travel with ease and look great doing it with the Aspire 5 thin, light design and aluminum top cover.
The Power of Sound
Turn up the music with Acer TrueHarmony, bringing you deeper bass and more volume through its innovative speaker design.
Wireless WiFi 6 Convenience
Wi-Fi 6 - based on the 802.11ax standard, is a giant leap forward in wireless connectivity. This new Wi-Fi will improve your wireless experience.
Backlit Keyboard & FPR Reader
Work comfortably in any environment with the backlit keyboard. The built-in fingerprint reader provides easy, secure access with just one touch.
Compare with similar items
Acer Aspire 5 A515-54-59W2 comes with these high level specs 10th Generation Intel Core i5-10210U Processor 1 6GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 4 2GHz (6MB Smart Cache) Windows 10 Home 15 6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-backlit IPS Display Intel UHD Graphics 620 8GB DDR4 Memory 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD True Harmony Technology Two Built-in Stereo Speakers Acer Purified Voice Technology with Two Built-in Microphones Acer Fingerprint Reader supporting Windows Hello Intel Wireless Wi-Fi 6 AX201 802 11ax Dual-Band 2 4GHz and 5GHz featuring 2x2 MU-MIMO technology (Max Speed up to 2 4Gbps) 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 port) Bluetooth 4 2 Back-lit Keyboard HD Webcam (1280 x 720) 1 - USB 3 1 (Type-C) port (Gen 1 up to 5 Gbps) 2 - USB 3 1 Gen 1 Port (one with Power-off Charging) 1 - USB 2 0 Port 1 - HDMI Port with HDCP support Lithium-Ion Battery Up to 9 5-hours Battery Life 3 97 lbs | 1 8 kg (system unit only) (NX HN3AA 003)
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- Backlit keyboard looks great and has a good key feel
- The screen is bright and clear, no dead pixels, blacks are good and dark, colors are brilliant.
- the hinge for the display is very stable
- The system is very easy to upgrade and it comes with a secondary hard drive mounting bracket and cable.
- M.2 primary drive!! (26 second boot time)
- the wifi has great connectivity throughout the house and is fast.
- The device is very thin and light
- Touchpad is top notch (for a touchpad)
- Battery gets about 7.5 hours of regular use (internet, updating and installing software, watching Netflix and so on) but I could see it getting to the advertised 9.5 hours with light use.
The (not so) bad:
- When setting the PC up for the first time be prepared to plug in a LAN cable for internet connectivity to upgrade the WIFI driver (the wifi could not initiate out of the box - possibly an initial windows update, no solid evidence but it worked fine for about 20 minutes, then required a reboot following initial setup and general Win10 rumblings, then could not find the access point or maintain connectivity every once in a while when it did find one.
- Has 4GB of DDR4 RAM permanently soldered to the mainboard and a 4GB SODIM installed so the upgrade option is to add an 8GB stick for 12 GB total or a 16GB for 20 total (the option I went with)
- Number Pad is a bit on the lean side.
- It comes shipped with the F-Keys set to control features rather than standard F1-F12 functionality. This is easily changed in the Bios and will never trouble you again - just weird that it comes out bucking standard protocol.
Otherwise, haven't had too much opportunity to use it (purchased for the wife - the proof will be how often she curses :)) - Will update as usage data becomes available.
Update 1 (03.27.20)
No complaints so far. Still running well and speedy. I upgraded the memory to 20gb and added the old ssd drive to it. That last part has shortened the battery life just a bit (more power draw) but not bad. Laptop gets daily heavy use and so far has held up well. No complaints.
Ultra thin and elegant design, but the laptop is heavier than it looks. Still very light compared to other laptops, at around 3.8 pounds.
My main issue with this computer may have been a build issue, with the wifi randomly disconnecting every 5 to 10 minutes. I troubleshooted with Acer support and they had me do a ton of resetting. Drivers, netsh, BIOS, power settings. All of this and the issue was still happening. I would have been happy with a replacement but unfortunately at the time of posting replacements wasn't available. And since this is an issue that happens spontaneously, I doubt that they would do a great job of fixing it. For that reason, I opted for a return instead. I doubt this is an issue that happens a lot, but was a large deal breaker for me. One of the main things I use this for is video chatting in this quarantine, and having my call disconnect every 10 minutes or so was a big deal-breaker.
Overall would still recommend this computer, but I will try looking for a different one. Please drop a like if this was helpful for you :)